8.05.2012

Working on the House....

I was so surprised at how fast they (we hired a friend's company to landscape our backyard) were able to clear out our backyard and get everything done! In the morning it was complete weeds and within hours it looked like this:
Building planter boxes, a sandbox, and putting in sprinklers:
Corner for a water fountain (eventually) and maybe a tree and flowers or something?

Planter box all along the back fence for garden, plants, etc.
Big sandbox (where we eventually built a playset/swingset for the kids)

And TONS of grass!!!!

View from the window in the loft:
And a look at our new counters!!!

I love them!!!

We painted the entire house - every wall, ceiling, baseboard, door frame, and door! It was A LOT of work!!! But so worth the outcome!!! Here is a couple pics where you can kinda see the work done!

Bedroom #3 (Brady and Connor's room) - used to be purple! Now navy blue with a green stripe!
I figured out online how to paint a stripe and it actually worked! I was so proud for figuring that out all by myself!!! (I've never done anything like that before)

(you can see the new carpet here too - we painted before they carpeted, but I took this picture after)
And my poor kids had to spend countless hours just hanging out while mom and dad worked and worked. This was their hang out spot - the front living room. They had toys, homework (school is still in after all) as well as a small tv with a DVD player for movies! They actually loved being at our new house while we worked! And they were a lot of help too!
Stay tuned for even more!!! :)

No comments: