8.17.2012

Girls Camp/End of Utah Trip (part 4)

Sunday night (July 8th) Mike and I left our kids in Utah with their grandparents and flew back home for a week. Mike had to be back to work after taking a week off, and I had to go to girl's camp!!! I am the 2nd councilor in the Young Women's in our ward (over the Beehives - the 12 and 13 year old girls) and so one of the opportunities we get as leaders is to go to camp with our girls for a week every summer. Well, I can't take the kids with me and since Mike had to work, the kids got to stay in Utah for one more week! {They definitely weren't complaining about that a bit!!}

So July 9-12 I got to go to Girl's Camp! It was SO much fun! It is so wonderful to be able to get away from everything and spend time with the girls and get to know them better, as well as have a lot of fun and well as a lot of spiritual uplifting at the same time! I didn't get any pictures of the week except for this:

Every ward in the Stake had to make a pennant banner to represent their ward. Each ward was assigned a different color and virtue. Our ward's color was "khaki" and our virtue was "strong". We loved that we got strong because our theme with our girls this year has been "We can do hard things" so it all went together perfectly! We weren't too excited about our khaki color at first, but when we realized we could just use that color as a base and add other colors to it - it was great! We loved our coral, teal, and navy colors we added to it! So fun and cute! {I know we are biased, but I'm pretty sure ours was the cutest!!} Girls Camp was fun..... very tiring (I forgot how little sleep you get at camp!) but a lot of fun! 


I got home from camp on Thursday afternoon and that night I flew back up to Utah to retrieve my kiddos! :) I got to spend one more day (Friday) up there with my family, and then Saturday (14th) the kids and I made the long drive home to Arizona. We were excited to be home again all together, and to sleep in our own beds, and to not be living out of a suitcase after 2 weeks of doing so! The downside though is that we had so much fun and are sad that we have to be away from family again. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see them again! 
We had a great summer vacation!!!

No comments: