Funny story! So, for my birthday my in-laws took the kids for the evening and Mike took me to the Broadway Palms Dinner Theater for dinner and a play (we love to go to plays, but hardly ever get the chance). We went there once last year and it was a lot of fun. Anyway! We went in and looked around - not one person our age there in the entire place! Every single person there had to be over the age of 60! Totally serious. We were THE ONLY ones there that could not be considered "seniors". So what is the deal? Last time we were there it wasn't like that! Is there something going on that we don't know about? There weren't any signs or ads that said "Senior Night" or "Discount for Seniors" but the place was packed with them!! And then on top of it all they announce people that are there for anniversaries and birthdays and such, so of course they announced that it was my birthday and then all the old people were staring at me! (Probably wondering why we were there with all of them!)
We did have a good time, but can I say "AWKWARD"!!!


6 comments:
Hey, this is my first time on your blog - hope you don't mind. I have only been to Broadway Palms once and there were definitely lots of 'seniors'. It is a fun place though and I want to go again. What did you get to see?
Out of place is OK. I love Broadway Palms. Glad you had fun.
DARNIT...I saw on the R.S. bulletin that it was your b-day and told myself not to forget, and I DID! What a horrible friend! Well happy birthday anyways. That is funny about the theater. I've never been but it sounds fun!
How funny! Hope you had a great birthday! Can i ask if you got my card?! I am playing with a new system and just want to make sure that people are getting them. :-)
I haven't been there but it sounds fun. I bet they were all jealous of how young and beautiful you are!
What do you want to bet that after seeing you there, all the oldies thought they were at a place were young, hip people hang out!?
Post a Comment