Last night when I was tucking my boys (Shawn and Brady) into bed we had a conversation that went like this:
Shawn: Mom?
Mom: What?
Shawn: When we are growing up, if you and dad die, then I'll take care of Connor. He can live with me and I'll take care of him for you.
Mom: Shawn, that is so sweet of you! Will you take care of Brady too?
Shawn: Mom! He is going to grow up like me so he won't need me to take care of him.
Brady: Yeah. And I will help Shawn take care of Connor. We will take turns. Like, I can hold him sometimes, then Shawn can hold him.
Aren't they the sweetest things to think about taking care of their baby brother?! My question is, how soon do they think we are going to die? And also, do they think they are going to grow up and Connor is going to stay a baby??? Hmm...
Kids think about and say the cutest things!
2.24.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a special scene you experienced. Children are so-o-
sweet!! I really miss seing them grow up!!! This reminds me of a time that by "baby" came up missing and looked all over for him and found him cuddled up with his "blankey". He was 3 then and so attached to his blanket. One day when he had needed it to long I suggested the it was getting all worn out and he was growing up and needed to throw it away. He took a long time thinking about it, but with my encouragement he ran over and put it in the garbage, but he only needed to stand back and think about it for a minute or two, all the tume me telling him he was such a courageous boy for doing this, he ran back and rescued it.
oh my gosh... that just makes me laugh! they are so cute!
Post a Comment