On this memorable day of 08/09/10 :) was the kids first day of school this school year! They were both so excited! (also nervous a little for the first day) Brady especially was excited being that he is starting school for the first time!
Shawn all ready to head off to his first day of 3rd Grade!!!
Shawn all ready to head off to his first day of 3rd Grade!!!
(he does not have pink eye - he had a blood vessel pop in his eye almost a week ago and it is still just red from that.)
We dropped Shawn off at the line for his class first, then walked Brady over to where his class meets. I tried to get a picture of him in line, but the sun was too bright in his eyes!:)
After standing there for a few minutes Brady decided he didn't want to go and grabbed onto me and started to cry a little (not loudly, he was trying so hard not to!) He just got so nervous about it all and wasn't sure what to do about it. He did the same thing with Pre-School last year, but after a couple days he had no problem! So I'm sure it is just an adjustment period for him to get used to it all. Kind of a scary thing for a little kid to be in a new big place with all new people!---{I was lucky enough to be able to hold off on my emotions until after he was inside the school. I don't know why it is always such a heart-strings-puller to take your kids to school for the first time! Letting your "baby" walk away from you into that big school! It definitely gets me emotional every time!}---But his teacher was AWESOME with him! She told him to come hold her hand and he could be the "line leader". So he did. And he went with her. (Of course, he kept looking back to make sure I was there following them until they got to the classroom.)
That was exactly what Brady needed - to feel like someone new who he was and let him be a "leader" - which is something he always loves to do. And when I picked him up - he was all smiles and absolutely LOVED his first day of school!!! Shawn also loved his first day. He really likes his teacher and told me they are going to have a "fun schedule!" I love how much he loves school! It seemed to be a great first day for both of them!





1 comment:
Yep, it even pulls the heart strings letting them go to high school for the first time. Man, it was tougher for me today than it was for Kaylie! (her going to high school, I mean)
Post a Comment