8.26.2011

Steven and Marianela's Reception!

.....continued from previous post of their wedding...
Steven and Marianela's reception was later that evening. (July 21st) I didn't really get too many pictures of the evening, which was dumb because I didn't get all of us in our matching outfits for it which is one of the best parts to get pictures of!  I'll have to get copies from my mom when she gets the wedding pics back from the photographer, but for now this is all I have of the reception.
Their colors were light blue and yellow and it was so pretty! Here is their cake: 


The photographer taking pics of the new little family:
Steven David --- he looked so adorable and handsome that night in his little tux!
Of course, all the kids spent time enjoying the food!

And I got a few pictures (not great ones) of the main events.
The cutting of the cake:

Bride and Groom's first dance:


Mother/Son and Daddy/Daughter dance. My dad was so sweet to dance with Marianela since her family, being in Ecuador, were unable to be there. {Made me cry...}

Tossing of the bouquet:
And the throwing of the garter:


Shawn and Marianela 
Shawn just adores her - in fact, at one time he even told his Uncle Steven that if he didn't marry her, then he (Shawn) would! :) So cute!!!
My sister-in-law Michelle and nephew Parker:
Tender mother and son moment:
My mom and dad - Parents of the groom!
I did end up having someone snap a picture of Mike and me. I wish I would have gotten our kids with us too, but no such luck (told you I was bad at getting pictures that night!)
Steven and Marianela leaving! Mike had bought a couple fireworks that go off into the sky (since they are legal in UT now) and lit them off as they were walking out of the reception. It was so fun to have them go off as they were leaving! Ended the night perfectly!
Of course some friends and brothers had decorated their car :)

Steven saying by to his mom and dad - he was pretty sad that they were leaving for a couple days (2 nights). They weren't going to go anywhere because they didn't want to leave him, but we promised them we'd take good care of little Steven and that they needed to do something for a honeymoon even if it was just a couple days. :)
Steven has a special relationship with his Uncle Mike. Sometime over the last month the two of them bonded and he just loves Mike now. So he ended up being fine letting his mom and dad go with Mike being there to make him smile and laugh! There they are (above) pointing at the car leaving and laughing at it (probably because of the decorations on it or something. Hard to know what Seven is thinking/saying since he only speaks Spanish.:)
Overall it was a wonderful wedding and a fun reception and it all seemed to go just smooth as can be! 

Congratulations to the happy couple!!! 

No comments: