10.21.2008

Family Vacation/Aaron's Wedding!

We just got back from our vacation to California! It was so fun! We drove last Sunday night (the 12th) to San Diego. Monday -Wednesday it was just us and our kids and we went to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Coronado, the beach, ect. It was so much fun! Wednesday afternoon we drove up to LA (my family flew in there that night). We all stayed at the same hotel for the wedding. We hung out the next couple days - the beach and pier, Knottsberry Farm, and just hanging out and having fun together! We also had things to do for the wedding such as the rehearsal (Thursday evening) and the rehearsal dinner (Friday night). Saturday was the day of the wedding. The wedding was beautiful! It was at Wayfarer's chapel - which is a chapel that is made of glass so you can see right through the walls to all the trees and flowers outside. Also it overlooked the ocean - gorgeous! Jenna was the flower girl and my boys, Shawn and Brady, were the ring bearers. That was fun - they were really cute. The ceremony was wonderful. The reception (Cocktails/Dinner/Dancing) was that night at our hotel (The Crowne Plaza) on their mezzanine level in a big room. It was so much fun. The food was great, the music and dancing was fun (great DJ!) and it was so fun to meet Jen's family and get to know them. Overall is was a wonderful wedding day. We are so excited to have Jen in our family! They have been dating for almost 7 years so she sort-of has been a part of our family for a while, but now it is official! I now have another sister! Yeah! After such a fun week we didn't want to leave (we drove home Sunday afternoon/night (19th). But it also always feels good to be home again, sleeping in our own beds, not living out of a suitcase, and having my kids back on their normal schedule! Well, that's our trip! I promise there will be pictures shortly! I'm waiting on some from other people!

2 comments:

Ashley and Jared said...

Emily.... I am going to take my pictures to make you a cd this week. it was so much fun to see you guys! we sure do love you all!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congrats to Aaron on getting married. I think I remember Jen, but it's been so long since I've seen him. Sounds like a really really nice wedding! Fun trip!